Proto Balance Mail
An SMTP clustering solution that solves the mail problem
US Pat App 12702584, EU Pat App EP10153117
Ask Cybersmart CEO Laurie Fialkov: "Server maintenance used to cost us
endless hours of admin time. After installing Proto Balance Mail we had
fewer calls to our call center, a dramatic reduction in SPAM, and the
capacity to add new mailboxes by the tens of thousands without ever
giving a thought to whether our email cluster could handle the load.
Proto Balance Mail did it all. Proto Balance Mail saved us having to
invest in exorbitant hardware and now gives us an advantage over our
competitors. Our entire infrastructure is linked into Proto Balance Mail
using its XML interface."
Proto Balance Mail reduces maintenance and overloading by -
- Reducing load to individual mail servers
- Creating clusters from commodity mail servers
- Obviating the need for slow shared file-sytems, SANs, NFS mounts, or SMB shares
- Protecting your mail servers from SPAM, Bot-nets, and Mal-ware
- Improving availability, reducing maintenance tasks
- Scaling smoothly and indefinitely as your organization grows
- Making your email cluster appear as one mail server
Proto Balance Mail protects your site from -
- Malicious bot-nets trying to deliver SPAM from the Internet
- Relay clients that have SPAM mal-ware installed
- Clients that abuse your mail service
Proto Balance Mail includes an XML interface for programmability. This
is a SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) interface for integrating into
your existing infrastructure. This means your accounting, CRM, and admin
software can all work seamlessly with Proto Balance Mail.
How does Proto Balance Mail work?
How does Proto Balance Mail load balance SMTP?
Proto Balance Mail directs SMTP and POP sessions to
particular machines within your cluster of mail servers. Proto
Balance Mail directs delivery and POP-retrieval sessions so
that a POP session is directed to the same server as a previous
delivery session. This means that each mail server in your cluster
need not share mailboxes with other servers.
Each mail server in your cluster is only responsible for the mailboxes
apportioned to it. It need not retrieve mailboxes from other servers in
This means that as your user base grows, you need only add more
back-end mail servers, scaling on-the-fly and without down-time.